Online Pricing and Payments
Online Pricing and payments
Our shops select and price books for sale independently. Our online book prices apply to books purchased on Hatchards.co.uk for delivery or Click and Collect. All charges are in UK pounds (£). All overseas orders will be charged in their respective currencies, based on current exchange rates. Prices displayed in your shopping basket are the current prices of the goods and the amount you will be charged for each item when submitting your order. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Please note that payments may be taken at different times:
- Credit/Debit Card and PayPal payments are taken on dispatch of your order, and your payment may be split if items are sent separately.
- Hatchards UK Gift Cards and Hatchards Rewards payments are taken at the point an order is placed.
You can pay using the following Credit/Debit Cards:
- American Express
- Visa credit
- Visa debit
- Delta debit
We also accept payment using:
Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following Credit/Debit Cards:
- Diners Club
We do not currently accept the following payment methods on our website;
- National Book Tokens or paper gift vouchers
- Love2Shop cards/paper vouchers
- Waterstones Euro gift cards
- One4All gift cards/paper vouchers
- Leisure Vouchers
- Prices exclude postage and packing
- Promotions apply to listed titles only, which are subject to change and availability
- We reserve the right to withdraw a promotion at any time
- On 3 for 2 promotions (and other multi-buy offers), the lowest priced title will always be the 'free' item
- If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price
Items that are subject to VAT have the 20% rate reflected in their RRP. Books are not subject to VAT, however for items where partial or full 20% needs to be applied the VAT is included in the selling prices reflected on our website.
Full VAT items include:
- games and other non-book products
The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated).
Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.